A sweet friend of mine and I often open up our conversations with “So, what’s the tea?” When we say this to one another, it’s not a doorway into gossip. Instead, it’s an invitation to share how you’re really doing. It’s our way of saying “Don’t give me the surface level bullsh*t. Tell me how you’re actually doing. This space is safe for you to be honest and share your heart.” So I am creating the weekly tea right here on the blog to share my heart with you guys, to tell you what I’m currently loving whether it be a new book or podcast or recipe, and to be raw with you each and every week. So here’s to the first ever weekly tea on Life with Lizzy!
- Yall, do not walk, RUN (or, ya know, drive) to Aldi for these shoes!! For those of you who know me well, you know my obsession with Aldi runs deep (and no, they do not pay me to talk about them nonstop – I just love them that much). So do yourself a favor and head out to Aldi, load your cart with groceries for the week so it counts as an essential trip (#quarentinelife) and grab these shoes!! Both pairs are under $10 and literally one of my happiest purchases of the season.
2. Young Livings April Promos. Get your girl some spring cleanin’ on! Since we’re all stuck at home anyways, might as well be stuck in a clean house amiright?! The Thieves line of cleaners has literally been such a game changer for our fam and we have been able to switch out our entire household to green cleaning products that smell amazing and clean even better. Currently, I am obsessing over the thieves concentrated household cleaner, laundry detergent and hand sanitizer. I’m also excited to try the thieves produce cleaner this month.
3. The show On My Block on Netflix. No, I haven’t seen Tiger King yet because I’ve been binging this show whenever I get the chance to watch tv #zeroregrets.
Thoughts and Themes from the week
On a more serious note, this week has been interesting. I’m trying to get my bearings with homeschooling, stay caught up on work and make time for my own selfcare. Oh, and take care of a newborn! My emotions have been all over the place. Some days I’m super stoked about my latest homeschool victory or bright idea gone right and then other days I’m literally crying in the dining room with snot running down my face because the house is a mess and I’m choking over my own words as I yell at everyone “Why can’t you just respect that a clean house is important to me?!” It was a rough Tuesday at our house…
My vision and life purpose has felt muddy at best. So here I am, just trying to get back to a place of clarity. I read a quote from Dave Hollis that really struck a chord with me this week. It read:
“In a rush to return to normal, use this time to consider which parts of normal are worth rushing back to.”
With us also in the season of lent (which I think is no coincidence) I’m using this extra time at home to reevaluate, to pray for eyes to see which weeds of doubt, negative beliefs and harmful habits need to be pulled, what seeds need to be planted and what passions, relationships and patterns need to be watered. I created a few journaling prompts for those of you who also might be feeling stuck and seeking some alignment. Feel free to write through these, pray through them, meditate on them or use them however best serves you!
- Weed, Plant and Water. What needs to be weeded out of my heart? What seeds need to be planted in my heart and life? What current things should I be watering?
- Where am I now? Where do I want to be? What needs to change in order for me to get there? OR what’s one step I can take today to get me closer to where I want to be?
- What habit, thought or belief do I need to shed in order to grow into the person God has called me to be? What fears are holding me back?
- Describe every detail of where you want to be. Pray that God will be your vision and align the desires of your heart with his. Put down each and every detail of where you would like to be and hold that vision in your mind. What does it feel like? What exactly does it look like? What colors do you see? What does your life look like inside and out? Focus on where you want to be. Envision it, refine and then create it.
Whether you use these prompts or not, I hope we all can take some time to reevaluate our priorities during these strange times. The goal at Life with Lizzy still remains the same to spread positivity and all the inspiration you need to live your best life! Thanks for reading the weekly tea and see you next Friday.